All Smiles Dental Care has a diode laser that has many applications beneficial to patients.
Here are some of the ways that a diode laser can be used:
- A laser can be used to promote faster healing of cold sores and canker sores in their early stages.
- It can be used to remove excess gum tissue for functional or cosmetic reasons.
- It can be used to perform a frenectomy.
- We can quickly and easily remove a questionable lesion for biopsy with a laser.
- A laser can assist in obtaining a better impression for making a crown, bridge, veneer or inlay.
- It can also be used in hygiene to decontaminate periodontal (gum) pockets around the teeth.
These are just a few examples of laser use. Sometimes anaesthetic isn’t even needed. Laser procedures can be done rapidly and accurately and may have fewer complications.
If you have questions or concerns about laser dentistry, please ask your dentist.