iTero Digital Scanner
Digital X-ray technology
All Smiles Dental Care has digital x-ray technology. Digital radiography (digital x-ray) is the latest technology used to take dental x-rays. This technique uses an electronic sensor (instead of x-ray film) that captures and stores the digital image on a computer. This image can be instantly viewed and enlarged helping the dentist and dental hygienist detect problems easier. Digital x-rays reduce radiation 80-90% compared to the already low exposure traditional dental x-rays.
There are many advantages of this technology. Significant decrease in radiation compared to traditional x-rays. The ability to enlarge, lighten, darken, or even sharpen the image assists in diagnosis.
- Easy communication with specialists or dental plans if the need arises.
- Dental radiographs are a simple, safe way to detect problems when they are small and clinically imperceptible. In most cases, it makes correction easier and less expensive.
- The All Smiles Dental Care team is focused on the prevention of problems before they start.
- A laser can be used to promote faster healing of cold sores and canker sores in their early stages.
- It can be used to remove excess gum tissues for functional or cosmetic reasons.
- It can be used to perform a frenectomy.
- We can quickly and easily remove a questionable lesion for biopsy with a laser.
- A laser can assist in obtaining a better impression for making a crown, bridge, veneer or inlay.
- It can also be used in hygiene to decontaminate periodontal (gum) pockets around the teeth.